The 10 Commandments of Buying a Home
Getting your offer accepted is not the end of the home buying process. If you’re not careful, that dream home can quickly become a missed opportunity.
We’re about to save you from losing out on your dream home. Over the years we have seen many buyers make these mistakes after they’ve gone into contract on the homes. But once that contract is in place, you want to avoid these 10 things.
- Don’t change jobs, become self-employed, or quit your job
- Don’t buy a new car, van or truck – you may end up living in it!
- Don’t use any charge cards or let your accounts fall behind
- Don’t spend any money you have set aside for closing
- Don’t omit any debt or liabilities from your loan application
- Don’t buy any furniture even if the payment is deferred until closing
- Don’t allow any additional inquiries on your credit except for insurance purposes
- Don’t make any large deposits or take out any large deposits without first checking with your lender or your agent
- Don’t change bank accounts
- Don’t co-sign on a loan for anyone, not for a car, not for a house, not for anything no matter what and be sure to tell your lender.
If you have already co-signed for anyone because that debt goes against you and needs to be accounted for when getting approved.
Follow these 10 Commandments of buying and you will make the process that much easier! Give us a call and we will be sure to give you all the information you will need to stay safe and assure we can close on your home once you’ve been accepted!
Get access to our video library showing you step by step how to purchase your new home. Learn More.